Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Essay Questions

What are your achievements?

Well, I don't have many achievements, but i do have a few. One of my best achievements was just making it this far. Pretty soon I'll be a senior, which honestly i didn't think I'd make it. My second major achievement was making it in to the Bridge to Success program. I defiantly wouldn't be were I am with out the program. Even though it was one reason why I was super stressed out, it still helped me out a lot. I meet new people, I've gotten a lot of college experience, a lot of college credit, many volunteering opportunities, and I mean A LOT, and just had a lot of fun from the program.


What issues matter yo you?

Some issues that matter to me are common ones. Immigration, global warming, poverty, the pop vs soda debate. Of course I'm against the bills being passed on illegal immigrants but i think it's unfair that they would kick out people like that. People try to get papers, its a long process. But on the other hand, some of the illegal immigrants don't deserve to be here. The ones here to cause problems of course should be deport back. If they're not here to help the place, they why be here. Global warming is a very common problem. No one wants the to pollute the world, its just so easy too. And the things that help out people the most out are the things that pollute the most. So we need to find a solution before its too late, if it isn't already.


Who has been an influence on you?

Some one who has influence me greatly is God. Many people have forgotten about Him and find themselves lost. Luckily He's in my life. I've been blessed with His presence and I'm so glad He is. Recently, I've been getting more involved with church and gotten close to God, Himself. I've noticed how different thing can be when you let Him in your life and i recommend everyone to do the same.


Why do you want to attend our college?

Until recently, i didn't know where i wanted to go but now i know i want to go to UCLA. They're not the best reasons but i'd like to go to UCLA because i was born i Los Angeles, California and i like to go back there. I also have a lot of family there, more than here, and i'd like to visit them. Another reason is the weather is ALWAYS nice over there. I love the weather in California. Sometimes it does get a little hot, and there's not air conditioning over there so we can't cool off, but its still great. My final reason is... THE BEACHES!!! I LOVE THE BEACH and i miss it a lot. Everytime we've [my family] gone over there we always make time to go to the beaches. Sometimes we go to rivers in the mountians and its always so much fun. Oh yea and the education over there is pretty good. Thats why my second choice is USC.

No comments: